Newly published books:
- Memory Wood by Sam Loyd – fast paced, an addictive kidnap-survival thriller
- Saving Missy by Beth Morrey – This is a story about love, friendship, memory, sacrifice and loneliness. Beautifully written it is heartbreaking and heartwarming
- Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel – Leave the 21st century and go back to Ice Age Europe. Follow Ayla, a Homo Sapien child who loses her parents in an earthquake and is adopted by a tribe of Neanderthal, the Clan. See how the Clan’s wary suspicion is gradually transformed into acceptance of this girl, so different from them, under the guidance of its medicine woman Iza and its wise holy man Creb.
- Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts – based on an extraordinary true story of eight years in the Bombay underworld. ‘In the early 80s, Gregory David Roberts, an armed robber and heroin addict, escaped from an Australian prison to India, where he lived in a Bombay slum. There, he established a free health clinic and also joined the mafia, working as a money launderer, forger and street soldier.
- Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver – The story is told by the wife and four daughters of Nathan Price, a fierce, evangelical Baptist who takes his family and mission to the Belgian Congo in 1959. They carry with them everything they believe they will need from home, but soon find that all of it – from garden seeds to Scripture – is calamitously transformed on African soil.