01C02 Play (Higher Level) Romeo & Juliet & Portfolio Educate.ie
Includes (FREE) Portfolio Book
This new and exciting edition of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet offers a student-oriented guide to the complete text of the play, with in-depth scene overviews,review questions and activities. The accompanying portfolio provides each student with the opportunity to create their own personal study guide.
This edition embraces the spirit of the new Junior Cycle by promoting students’ active involvement with the play as a drama to be explored, performed and enjoyed.
With a strong emphasis on oral language, performance and creativity, this beautifully illustrated edition is suitable for students of all levels of ability and provides a wonderful introduction to the world of Shakespeare.
This edition contains:
• An introduction to the scene
• Useful words for that scene
• An in-depth act overview/summary
• Review questions
• Assignments to encourage active exploration of characters, themes and the unique language of the play.
The Educate.ie edition also contains a section on exam preparation which includes:
• Study notes on important characters and key themes
• Guidelines on how to approach examination questions
• A timeline of the action in the play.
This edition guides the teacher in usingRomeo and Juliet to achieve the aims and learning outcomes of the new speci cation and allows students to explore many of the skills required at Junior Cycle such as developing their writing, communication and oral language abilities.