The data we may collect directly from you could include the following:
- First name and surname;
- postal address;
- email address(es);
- mobile and/or landline number(s);
- bank and credit card details if you transact with us will be processed by Sagepay which is fully compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- recruitment related correspondence e.g. CV, references, cover letters
Our mission, at The Blessington Bookstore, is to provide a warm welcoming environment where we serve high quality food and drink, and offer a wide selection of books with something for everyone in our community. As a result, we endeavour to review and improve the products and services that we provide. To help us achieve this we collect additional information when you visit our websites (www.blessingtonbookstore.ie) and/or use the resources within these websites.
The types of data we collect from you when you visit our site(s) include:
- information about the type of browser, operating system and device you use;
- details of the web pages you have viewed;
- your IP address;
- the hyperlinks you have clicked;
- the digital resources you have viewed and how often;
- the websites you visited before arriving at our site(s). We encourage you to read the privacy notices of those sites
- We also use analytics and cookies
In order to help us improve and promote our products and services we may use your data in the following ways:
- We may communicate to you via email, SMS or post.
- To display ads on our websites of products and services that you may be interested in.
- We may use your email address to advertise to you on social media platforms that you may be interested in, be assured that you can opt out of these communications by unsubscribing from emails.
- We may ask you to fill in research surveys.
- Should you require the source of your information we shall provide you with that information within one month if it is not obvious to you
In order to fulfil our lawful and contractual purposes, we capture information as stated above and may process your data with the following companies:
- Payment processors
- Companies that we have authorised to deliver goods and services
- Third party companies that The Blessington Bookstore uses to deliver and support our digital platforms
We do not directly transfer your data outside the EU but some of our processors may do through cloud providers we vet and ensure our data processors for GDPR compliance and try and ensure that we have the right to audit all our processors.
We use industry standard security measures to keep your data safe and secure both at rest and in transit. This includes but is not limited to:
- 2048 Bit SSL to secure our websites
- ISO 27001 certified hosting providers
You have the right to request access to any of the information we hold about you. You also have the following rights in relation to the processing of your data:
- The right to have your data corrected or rectified
- The right to have us erase/delete your data subject to certain laws that make it compulsory for us to retain certain data
- The right to restrict the processing of your data temporarily
- The right to have your data sent to another company (if you do not already have this data in your possession)
- The right to object to the processing
- The right to know if you are subject to an automated decision and that decision has the effect of profiling
- The right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland, email@example.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Post: Janet Hawkins, The Blessington Bookstore, Main Street Blessington Co Wicklow
We only retain your information for the specific purposes mentioned above and as set out in our Data Retention Policy.